ABOUT THE BOOK
Riverdale: The Day Before
by Micol Ostow
Release Date: December 26th 2019
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Original fiction based off the hit television series Riverdale!
Based on the massively successful CW show, Riverdale, this prequel novel explores what the gang was doing before Season One.
Why did Jughead and Archie have a falling out? What did Veronica’s life look like in the Big Apple? And how long has Betty really been in love with Archie?
Told from multiple POVs, your favorite characters tell their story their way.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37825521-riverdale
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Day-Before-Riverdale-Novel-prequel/dp/1338289446
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/noresults/the-the-day-before-scholastic/1129981280
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Riverdale-Day-Before-Prequel-Novel-Micol-Ostow/9781407191829
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-day-before-riverdale-novel-1
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781338289442
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/mt/book/the-day-before-riverdale-novel-1/id1332306458?mt=11
Blog tour schedule link: https://fantasticflyingbookclub.blogspot.com/2018/12/tour-schedule-riverdale-day-before-by.html
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Micol Ostow has written over 50 works for readers of all ages, including projects based on properties like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, and most recently, Mean Girls: A Novel. As a child she drew her own Archie comics panels, and in her former life as an editor she published the Betty & Veronica Mad Libs game. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two daughters who are also way too pop culture-obsessed. Visit her online at www.micol.ostow.com
This book takes place right before and leading up to where Season 1 of Riverdale starts. The book is from each of the Core Four’s POVs which was really cool. Archie is dealing with an illicit affair, Jughead is piecing together what’s going on with his dad and Archie, Veronica’s life is going up in flames, and Betty is working at Hello Giggles in LA! This was honestly so cool and you get a little more insight into the characters and what went on. Honestly, this is essential for any fan of Riverdale!
I picked quotes I felt either reflected the characters or situations that have popped up in the shows 3 seasons.
“The butterfly effect suggests that small causes can have unpredictable — and catastrophic — effects. One action. A cascade of ripples. An outcome no one can predict. That was us that summer. Archie, Betty, Veronica, and me.”
“All those years I spent holed up in my room reading Nancy Drew mysteries, Mom always nagged and tried to get me out of the house. Studying was one thing — Coopers keep their grades up, keep appearances up, keep their chins up, blah, blah, blah…”
“It’s easy to joke that Ms. Grundy — I mean Geraldine — is, you know, teaching me music, like, with the sarcastic quote marks and everything. But like I said, she is, and we wouldn’t even… well, we wouldn’t even be doing anything in the first place if it weren’t for the music.”
“Say what you will about Daddy — and there’s plenty to say — but he does love a good negotiation. Even more than negotiating? Daddy loves a loophole.”
- Prize: 3 copies of Riverdale: The Day Before & The Riverdale Student Handbook
- US Only
- Link to Student Handbook: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40154574-riverdale-student-handbook
- Picture of both books in Dropbox
- Starts: 1/14
- Ends: 1/30